| Accessibility Standards for Customer Service Policy
Effective December 2012
Scope of policy – This policy applies to all employees of OEM-PARTS that have contact with customers.
This policy is required to meet the need to make Ontario accessible to people with disabilities and to be compliant with the Ontario Regulation 429/07 Accessibility Standards for Customer Service Act. OEM-PARTS is committed to ensuring that customers with disabilities are provided with goods and services in a way that respects that customers ‘ dignity and independence.
OEM-PARTS is committed to provide customers with and without disabilities with the superior customer service it is known for. Customers with disabilities can expect the following with regards to the areas listed below:
1. Assistive Devices: We are committed to serving customers with disabilities that use assistive devices to use, purchase or obtain service from OEM-PARTS
2. Communication: We will provide training for employees regarding appropriate interaction and communication methods for customers with disabilities.
3. Work Orders and Invoices: Our employees will review any work order or invoice with disabled customers to ensure the understanding of the content of the document. Any questions concerning these documents will be answered in person, by telephone, by email or in writing.
4. Service Animals and Support Persons: Service animals and Support Persons are welcome in all public areas of OEM-PARTS. Training will be provided to our employees in how to interact with people with disabilities that are accompanied by a service animal or support person. Due to the fact that financial and personal information may be discussed with our customer, if it is necessary, our employees will ask for consent from the customer before discussing such matters in front of the support person. OEM-PARTS does not charge fees for any support person accompanying a disabled patron.
5. Temporary Disruptions to service: if there are any temporary disruptions of service that would affect customers with disabilities, notice will be posted in the appropriate areas detailing the duration of the disruption as well as alternative arrangements.
6. All employees of OEM-PARTS will receive training on the following:
a. The purpose of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005
b. The requirements of the customer service standard
c. Instruction on how to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
d. Instruction on how to interact with people with various types of disabilities who use assistive devices
e. Instruction on how to interact with people with disabilities who have a service animal or a support person
The above mentioned training (f) will be included with the new hire orientation package and training record will be kept in the personnel file for that employee.
7. Customer Feedback: Customer feedback is always welcome and provides OEM-PARTS with the information the company needs to meet and exceed its excellent Customer Service standard. Feedback with regards to the way OEM-PARTS and its employees provide goods and services to customers with disabilities can be directed to Human Resources by telephone, email, mail or in person. Customers can expect a response within 7 business days from receipt of their comment/concern.
8. Modifications to this or other policies: Any policy of OEM-PARTS that does not respect and promoted the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.